An engineered resin system for increased tank life in oxidizing environments
Poly Processing’s exclusive OR-1000™ system was specifically designed to address the aggressive oxidation effects of sodium hypochlorite, sulfuric acid, and hydrochloric acid by adding an additional resin system between the XLPE and the chemical. It is designed to maximize the useful life of storage tanks in oxidizing environments. The OR-1000 system consists of engineered resins for oxidizing applications. This system increases the life of a crosslinked polyethylene tank giving the end user a greater cost effective solution.
OR-1000’s engineered resin system is made of polyethylene, specifically formulated to resist oxidation. Its outer surface is made of XLPE for superior strength. The 2 surfaces are molecularly bound together during the roto-molding process creating a truly seamless bond between the XLPE and OR-1000 system.
Advantages of OR-1000™
- The result gives you four times the antioxidant strength of any polyethylene on the market today!
- All wetted surfaces are covered by the OR-1000™ system, extending tank life in oxidizing chemical storage environments.
- OR-1000™ can be used on any of our tanks, including SAFE-Tank® and IMFO® tank systems.
Recently we developed a new and improved OR-1000 resin system. We’ve taken what we’ve learned in the field in the last 50 years and improved the material. The new resin delivers other performance enhancements, including:
- Improvements in the long-term properties: The enhanced resin will in most cases last longer and allow your tank to last longer, too.
- High levels of ESCR: High levels of ESCR (Environmental Stress Crack Resistance) even when storing chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite or peracetic acid.
- Improved elongation: the new OR-1000 will maintain its elongation properties better over time while storing heavy oxidizing chemicals. This performance is superior to other HDPE materials commonly used in tank construction.
The OR-1000 system is an ideal solution to extend the life of your XLPE tank when storing sodium hypochlorite. The technology behind OR-1000 takes the guesswork out of choosing the right storage tank system, and it reduces the risks and maintenance costs of an FRP tank or a high-density linear polyethylene tank. The value, longevity, strength, and durability of the OR-1000 system can handle almost any chemical and stand the test of time.